Wednesday, November 19, 2014

And I don't feel guilty...

The later in the day and into the night is when it gets really bad.  I can only eat and clean so much.  Going outside doesn't help.  People just piss me off to the point of wanting to have a cigarette just to put out in their eye.  What am I supposed to do?  Lay on the the floor screaming until I don't want a cigarette anymore?  That seems to be the only thing that works for me other than smoking or sleeping.  And I'm not "feeling better", I'm feeling worse.  I feel tired and crazy and angry and lazy and frustrated and lonely and mean and useless.  All I do is sit here and get worse.  At least cigarettes got me out of the house.
I really wanted to buy a pack today and just smoke.  Just for today.  Go back to non smoker tomorrow. That's all I really wanted and how sad is it that that is what I REALLY want.  Shouldn't I want other things, like money or a job or fun or creativity or anything other than cancer and feeling sick and dying and disappointing your family and not having a baby ever!
It's been four days.  I smoked my "last" one Saturday afternoon and since then I have had one last night and one the night before.  It's getting to that time again when I want just one.  I thought I was going to make it tonight with out this internal argument of buy a pack and you can do it.  Even the positive encouragement from others, "You can do this" and "I'm so proud of you" just pisses me off.  I get it and thank you for all your support, but it's frustrating.  I don't want to do this, I don't want to be strong enough, or better or whatever.  I want a fucking cigarette.  That's all.  Just a fucking cigarette.  "You're doing such a great job, don't go backwards.  You've made it this far.  You can do this"  Fuck all that shit.  I don't want to.  I want a cigarette.  Just one.  And then just one more.  tomorrow.  Can't I just have one cigarette a day?  Isn't that enough?  Or, isn't that the least?
I don't think I'm going to make it very far right away and I think it's okay.  I get that everyone is trying to help me get over the hump but I'm not ready.  Hell, I'm so stressed I'm messing up my cycle.  I feel like my body is not handling the change well.  I know that it just needs time to reset and that I will actually feel better not smoking but after doing something for so long the body gets acustom to it and it takes a bit to get over the change.  I know this.  I also know that having anymore cigarettes could endanger my quitting but I think having one sometimes will keep me from losing it completely.  And why do I feel like I have to fight, argue and defend ONE cigarette?  Seriously?  It's just one.  One stupid smoke.
Everyone's worried that I'm going to feel guilty if I smoke.  The thing is, I'm doing better than I expected so having one is still a victory for me.  No guilty here.  And won't the cravings go down if I'm only having one sometimes anyway?
RAR!


No comments:

Post a Comment